622 Emerson Road Suite 600 St Louis, MO 63141
# of Positions: 2
Job Details Description Summary:
- Our Client is hiring a Senior Architect for our growing team in St. Louis, MO. We are looking for a Senior Architect with a broad range of experience and diverse client base.
- Position will be exposed to varying project types and end markets including manufacturing, industrial, food and beverage, beer/wine/spirits, military, and commercial. Also responsible, as a design professional, for the production of innovative, appropriate, cost effective, designs, drawings and specifications in his/her discipline for assigned projects.
- Maintains professional registration and signs/seals documents prepared under his/her supervision.
- Responsible, as a senior licensed professional, to assist the Group Discipline Leader, Group A/E Principal and A/E Discipline Leader in training and mentoring of staff, development of group and corporate standards, and in the research and incorporation of innovative technologies.
In addition to project design and execution responsibilities, position will take a leadership role in participating in regional industry events, developing relationships with clients, and seeking out project development opportunities.
Finally, as a design professional, the position is responsible for the production of innovative, appropriate, cost effective designs, drawings and specifications in his/her discipline for assigned projects. Individual maintains professional registration and signs/seals documents prepared under his/her supervision.
Project Responsibilities - Conceptual Design:
- Utilizes innovation in design and methods.
- Develops design concepts, recommends systems and produces pricing and proposal documents and outline specifications.
- Researches and is responsible for discipline design compliance with proposal/client criteria.
- Establishes Discipline basis of design.
- Analysis Ability
- Researches, documents and is responsible for discipline design compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances, standards and regulations.
- Applies discipline specific technical standards and procedures.
- Designing for Safety incorporated into drawings.
- Ensures office standards are used.
- Responsible for discipline document checking and interdisciplinary coordination processes.
- Checks the specifications to insure that they do not conflict with the drawings.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines, including outside consultants as applicable. Performs interdisciplinary coordination check to minimize deficiencies, errors and omissions in drawings and specifications.
- Leads the production of well-organized, finished drawings of good appearance, accuracy, clarity and correctness.
- Construction Documents
- Manages production of a complete coordinated set of discipline construction documents.
- Signs and seals design documents when assigned as Professional of Record.
- Coordinates the review and checking of discipline shop drawings and submittal data.
- Reviews applicable shop drawings and submittal data for compliance with construction documents.
- Serves as discipline field interface with design team during construction.
- Advises and assists Construction Project Managers, Superintendents and Subcontractors in the interpretation and clarification of construction documents.
- Participates in construction inspection to monitor compliance with design intent, construction drawings and specifications. Prepares inspection reports and punch lists.
- Provides solutions to field problems, responds to RFI' s and prepares field orders and addenda.
- Leads production and archiving of record drawings and specifications.
- Assists Design Manager with project closeout. Participates in post construction review process.
- Planning, Scheduling and Profitability:
- Projects and monitors discipline work plan and advises Design Manager of work plan status.
- Projects, monitors and informs design manager of workload status of project discipline staff.
- Participates in project strategy meetings.
- Participates in creation of overall key date schedule, including permitting schedule.
- Creates discipline work plan for assigned projects.
- Prepares man-hour estimate for discipline work.
- Assists Design Manager in monitoring costs of discipline-related outside consultants.
- Participates in team review to assure discipline scope is covered in project budgets, estimates and subcontractor bids.
- Projects and monitors discipline project budget and advises Design Manager of budget status.
- Directs technical efforts of discipline staff assigned to the project.
- Monitors discipline adherence to strategy, key date schedule and workplan.
- Communicates discipline design decisions to A/E project team as directed by the Design Manager.
- Assists in coordinating information with and monitoring discipline-related outside consultants.
- Prepares Meeting minutes and other communications in coordination with design manager.
- Interfaces with client as directed by Design Manager.
- Leads production of a complete coordinated set of construction documents.
- Mentoring of assigned staff.
- Typically Eight years discipline experience, typically four years as a licensed professional. Project experience on a variety of projects from simple to complex and small to large.
- Revit is a Must requirement .
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.:
- Presentation skills
- Management skills
- Licensed/Registered Architect