Sr. Ax Developer - (IT ERP)
1310 Chesapeake Terrace Sunnyvale, CA 94089
The candidate will primarily be responsible for supporting and customizing the current Microsoft Dynamics AX landscape, perform performance tuning of the system and support the upgrade process to migrate the current version to D365 platform. Will work closely with Business Analysts and other Stakeholders to understand the scope and body of work to meet the applications need including (but not limited to) ERP, Integrations and Business Intelligence environments.
- Serves as the primary in-house resource supporting, troubleshooting and customizing our Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system.
- Work closely with Business Analysts, performing and documenting all phases of the SDLC and adhering to the best development practices: Requirement analysis, development, documentation, unit testing, production migration and support.
- Basic Functional understanding of the Ax modules and Functional duties include AX configuration and administration, user support, and owing the Security architecture in AX ERP.
- Assists the System Administrator with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Dynamics AX and related software (SQL, SSAS/BI).
- Identify the performance gaps and perform performance tuning to improve the overall AX response time.
- Develop and customize new or existing interfaces, hands-on expert building AIF applications and web services, working with BizTalk, SSIS or any middleware to integrate to other external applications.
- Modify and create SSRS reports, Ax reports and handle changes to third party .Net applications like Commercial Invoice tool.
- Recommend industry best Testing tools, maintain code repository and implement versioning system for AX ERP.
- Provide guidance in performing Ax upgrade and recommend tools to retrofit customization' s into the new ERP system and perform Data migration.
- A B.S degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university with.
- A Master’ s degree is preferred.
- Must have atleast 5+ years of experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX development, implementation and support.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience that would indicate expertise in complex database concepts and in effectively employing different database design techniques.
- Must have deep technical knowledge in Dynamics AX (MFG, SCM, Finance), SQL, XML, C#, .NET framework, web services, SSIS, APIs and AIF.
- Demonstrated knowledge in performance turning of Ax and experience working with Performance monitoring tools like Foglite etc.
- Experience with business applications such as Salesforce, Workday, Oracle Agile, Hyperion is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data warehouse, BI tools, ETL processes, SQL, reporting and dashboard, SSRS and SSAS.
- Must have hands-on experience with Source/version Control System (SCM), bug trackers (perforce, Jira, GitHub, Confluence and Stash).
- Must have proven experience in delivering projects and processes with ambitious milestones under pressure, having accomplished milestones on time and on budget.
- Demonstrate high individual effectiveness and organization skills: flexibility, communication, time-management and interpersonal skills, with high attention to detail, and experience handling multiple projects/tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take command of situations to take complex problems to clarity, articulate and influence conversations.
- Previous experience in a SOX, FDA and HIPAA controlled environment is preferred.
- Proven strong customer service orientation and the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, to effectively address difficult interpersonal issues and to handle information confidentially.