Sr. Bridge Design Engineer
101 West Ohio St Indianapolis, IN 46204
In this role you will integrate the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, construction, and startup aspects of a small project.
May manage a subtask of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual obligations.
Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance.
Relocation to the project site may be required during construction and startup activities.
- Will perform key complex structural bridge design work supporting various Indiana State DOT project and regional as well.
- Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Identifies and documents changes in scope. Assists in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain those procurements.
- Interfaces with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process. Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
- Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study.
- Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
- Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines.
- Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
- Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
- Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
- Bachelor' s degree in Structural Engineering (or related field)
- 8+ years of related field engineering experience with bridge design work for road & highway projects is required
- Professional registration (PE) is STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Experience in the State of Indiana, or supporting INDOT projects is REQUIRED for this role.
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.