15825 Roxford St Sylmar, CA 91342
Major purpose: * Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic components, mechanical components and electro-mechanical components.
- Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
- Able to perform cost/price analysis.
- Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
- Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
- Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
- Work with Planners to maintain inventory levels consistent with production requirements and targeted inventory goals.
- Prepare reports, attend meetings and respond to special assignments.
- Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities.
- Perform other procurement tasks and projects as assigned.
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: Educational Requirements: BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
Minimum Experience Requirements: 7+ years experience in procurement; 3 years experience directly related to defence/aerospace procurements.
Preferred Experience Requirements: Experience working within defence/aerospace manufacturing company with low volume/high mix production requirements. Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals. Must have good working knowledge of MRPII system.
Special Certifications: CPM or APICS certification preferred
Specific/Special Skills: Must have basic knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFAR requirements