Sr. DevOps Engineer
Chatsworth, CA 91311 US
As our Senior DevOps Engineer you are building the software infrastructure for our next generation factories that are equipped with industrial robots and advanced software processes like AI. As an early member of our small team, you will own a significant portion of our product and the company. You’ll work with our engineering team to automate processes that ensure the software systems in and around our robots are correctly configured, consistent and secure. You'll also be responsible for helping establish cloud infrastructure for data, machine learning and web application as well as improving our automated CI pipelines. You are also in charge of enabling standardized, configurable, and easy-to-deploy development and production environments. In our small, yet quickly expanding team, your input will directly impact team composition and direction. A high degree of autonomy, leadership ability, and technical experience is required. Ideally you are someone with extensive DevOps experience at successful software companies and now excited to bring your expertise to a company who is marrying new software technologies with robots to enable the future of manufacturing. Responsibilities
- Analyze our current operational toolset for shortcomings and product improvements; provide and implement recommendations.
- Standardize / containerize development and production environments to ensure repeatability.
- Create, configure and maintain cloud-based infrastructure services for the rapid development and monitoring of complex robotics and analytics applications.
- Maintain and improve our automated build / CI system.
- Build tools to automate monitoring and management of robot fleets.
- Triage issues as they arise, both on robots and in deployed software.
- Automate common operations to allow our robotic fleet to scale.
- Be an active member of the software engineering team, helping to improve the organization’s SDLC process and minimizing time from code-complete to production.
- 5+ years of combined experience in SRE/DevOps or Software Engineering roles in a full stack engineering environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Experience with containerization through technologies like Docker and distributed computing tools like Kubernetes.
- Experience soliciting systems requirements, designing, and implementing new platform components leveraging infrastructure or SaaS services.
- Experience working with distributed, fault tolerant systems.