Sr. Electrical Engineer
2600 Michelson Dr Suite 500 Irvine, CA 92612
Our Electrical Buildings Engineers have exceptional design and analytical skills to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, including: Federal and DOD programs, airports, data centers, hospitals, laboratories, offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
Candidates must be able to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices to prepare construction drawings and specifications for submission to jurisdictional plan check and permitting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Engineered systems include, but are not limited to, low-voltage power distribution, lighting systems and controls, branch circuiting, and fire alarms systems. Knowledge of security and IT systems is desirable.
- Design complete electrical systems, including power, lighting, fire alarm and low-voltage systems.
- Design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
- Prepare load analyses and studies (eg, coordination, short-circuit, arc flash).
- Prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Prepare Basis of Design reports.
- Prepare and document energy compliance calculations and forms (eg, Title 24).
- Select equipment and light fixtures.
- Manage work with engineers of other disciplines and architects.
- Lead meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues.
- Manage quality and schedule of work and interface with clients.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) required.
- PE required.
- 10-15 plus years working in building-related electrical design.
- Knowledge of building codes and the federal Unified Facilities Codes (UFCs) required.
- Knowledge of Revit and Autocad required.
- Experience working on military bases, federal buildings, airports, data centers, generator systems, and medium voltage distribution projects preferred.
- LEED certification desired.
- US Citizen.