Sr. Electrical Engineer
9454 Waples Street San Diego, CA 92121
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform electrical design for new (battery and charger) products.
- Generate specifications for the product and documentation for the design.
- Lead specification and design reviews.
- Support prototype builds.
- Define production test requirements.
- Participate in project teams and in all activities related to the development of new products.
- Perform circuit analysis using computer models where applicable.
- Support building and testing breadboards and/or early prototypes for early validation of designs.
- Adhere to project schedules and cost targets.
- Interface with suppliers to maintain cost targets.
- Create schematics, BOMs, and supporting documentation.
- Assist, as needed, in technical support of some existing electronic products currently in production.
- Familiarity with regulatory certification requirements including UL and CE, preferred.
- Strong personal discipline, verbal and written communication skills and documentation skills.
- Interface with customers as needed during design reviews, quality audits and the like.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a BSEE degree and 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Must possess strong analytical, as well as empirical skills in math, physics and electronics.
- Knowledge of PCs and applications software, including spreadsheets, word processors, and schematic capture programs in a windows based environment is mandatory.
- Must be able to communicate in a fast paced multi-disciplined environment.
- Typical physical effort includes frequent lifting or moving of light to moderately weighted materials.
- The use of fine motor skills in the hands to examine, repair, disassemble and reassemble products.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time performing repetitive technician tasks.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Work performed in an Engineering R&D environment.
- Work is primarily done at one workstation, but may require shifting to other work stations as needs require.
- May require travel to customer sites.
- Frequently required to attend project meetings.