Sr. Electrical Engineering Manager
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, IA 52804
Snior Engineering Manager, Electrical of Electrical Engineering who will provide leadership in all aspects of electrical and electronics development. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of electrical and electronics development, including solving problems through utilization of comprehensive root-cause analysis techniques.
- Oversee staffing, training, supervision and workload distribution of engineers and or technicians.
- Maintain department budget that is aligned with strategic business goals.
- Ensure technology sharing across multiple development teams.
- Provide resource and cost analysis and estimates for proposal efforts.
- Prepare design reviews and present to internal and external customers.
- Assist Marketing in technical discussions with customers.
- Ensure proper analysis techniques are used in development of new and revised designs.
- Recommend and lead implementation of new hardware and firmware design platforms, architecture, and tools to achieve strategic company goals.
- Work with Program Managers to create and maintain project schedules.
- Identify new technologies to enhance products and reduce costs.
- Ensure timely design review meetings are conducted.
- Interpret and enforce policy, conduct performance evaluations, and manage employee relations while meeting engineering schedules, customer needs and quality standards in a timely fashion.
- Monitor performance and work with other members of the Engineering Department to create electrical design solutions that meet schedule and technical requirements.
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures.
- Identify and effect change to reduce risks of harm and minimize waste and resources used.
- Promote and facilitate incident and near miss reporting.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent.
- 8+ years of electrical design experience.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master of Science or PhD in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent.
- Knowledge of project management software such as Microsoft Project.
- Intimate knowledge of processor internal subsystems (core, MMU, cache, memory areas, interfaces and initialization).
- Experience in bus architecture.
- Knowledge of C, C++.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience in FPGA design.
- Expertise in application of DO-254 and DO-178.