Sr. Electronics Sustaining Engineer
20400 Plummer Street Chatsworth, California 91311 | Direct Placement
POSITION PURPOSE (What this position is responsible for accomplishing)
The Senior Electronics Sustainment Engineer position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and guiding the activities of the manufacturing electronics engineering function and for seeing new or existing products through satisfactory production and/or repair and overhaul. The focus in this position is the ability to coordinate with other departments, outside organizations, customers, and suppliers, to assure that functional requirements are met on time, at the expected quality level and at the lowest costs. This includes working from engineering design documents, specifications, prototypes and/or change orders to determine equipment, tooling, materials and methods of manufacture to produce quality products within cost and specification guidelines. This also includes the ability to work troubleshoot, write and test firmware and software testing equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES FOR THIS JOB
- Develop manufacturing planning for products, including BOM; improve/modify existing planning as needed.
- Modify design of current products to mitigate obsolescence issues, including modification of embedded firmware as needed.
- Design assembly/test tooling and shop aids, as needed.
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, upgrade electronics test stands and test boxes.
- Ability to develop test Equipment including automated and software based (Labview and PC script based).
- Develop/modify technical manuals, issue Service Letters and Service Bulletins, as needed.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating suppliers for new or critical processes.
- Assist purchasing in resolving supplier’s technical problems, drawing and specification interpretation.
- Assist Customer Service and Sales in providing technical support to customers.
- Act as back-up for the Engineering Estimator and assist in estimating process.
- Help trouble-shoot assembly/test related problems, as required.
- Understand and participate in Manufacturing/Production Engineering and development through concurrent (teaming) engineering process daily.
- Oversee production processes (including outside processing) with Quality, as required.
- Initiate and participate in the controlled document change process (ECR, ECN), as required.
- Perform technical reviews of RFQs and/or purchase orders as may be required.
- Act as mentor, facilitator and educator to Technicians in component level troubleshooting and testing.
- Manage multiple activities and workload to avoid bottlenecks daily.
- Participation in management and department meetings as required.
- Participate in MRB as a member.
- Perform engineering analysis to evaluate the validity of field returns (RMA’s), write technical reports, corrective actions, and interface with customer as required to ensure timely closure.
- Willingness and motivation to learn new processes and tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to participate in a team and highly diverse engineering environment.
- Ability to participate and contribute to several projects simultaneously.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: 4 Year Degree in Electronic Engineering is required.
- Min. 7 year experience in aerospace Electronic product design, manufacturing, planning, testing and fabrication.
- Experience in design of Electronic products that incorporate Software.
- Knowledge of Assembly language and high level software language such as C/C++.
- Knowledge of Microcontroller based Electronic products.
- Knowledge of Aerospace product qualification requirements and familiarity with FAA/Military certification requirements.
- Ability to mitigate electronic component obsolescence with associated impact studies and requalification test/analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in Test equipment design including Labview based automated equipment (and Labview software), standard measurement instruments such as Oscilloscope, DMMs, Spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Ability to provide technical support to customers, suppliers, and in house technicians.
- Trouble shooting ability to Component/system level for digital, analog and micro-processor based electronic products.
- Effective communication and ability to write clear, concise technical reports.
- Project management skills highly desired.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/300163