Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
13000 Gregg Street Poway, CA 92064
- Design, develop, document, and review software for high reliability applications including Bootloaders, and Board Support packages.
- Support reviews, customer support, writing software design documents and software user manuals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience coding, including low level HW drivers, in Real Time OS environments: VxWorks, Linux (Kernel and user space), RTEMS a plus.
- Experience with in-circuit emulators.
- Experience with writing bootloaders and linker command files.
- Experience with C, C++ and assembly language as well as using in-circuit emulators, low level drivers, and board support package (BSP) design.
- Experience porting an existing BSP to a different operating system is a plus
- Experience with PPC processors a plus.
- Ability to design, implement, and debug complex software solutions and firmware solutions.
- Knowledge of computer hardware architectures and components such as processor buses (60x, etc), MMU, cache, nonvolatile memories, volatile memories, backplane buses, and communication buses such as PCI and AMBA AHB, APB.
- Familiarity with revision control (git, cvs, clearcase, etc.).
- Well versed with logic analyzers and oscilloscopes for hardware testing and debugging.
- FPGA/HDL experience a plus, including FPGA architectures and toolchains.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 10 + years relevant work experience.