Sr. FPGA Engineer
Vernon Hills, IL 60061 US
We are looking for a Senior FPGA Engineer. You will be responsible for most aspects of FPGA development, ranging from requirements analysis and FPGA architecture down to integration and debug. It’s a hands-on position working closely with science and engineering groups throughout the development lifecycle to commercialize future products. Specific role varies by project assignment.
• Develop digital FPGA logic solutions targeting applications such as system communications/control, data movement and processing, and embedded microprocessors.
• Participate in the engineering life cycle of FPGA products, including requirements, architecture, design, implementation, verification, integration, and debug following appropriate engineering best practices and department processes.
• Prepare design documentation and participate in design reviews.
• Provide input for project analysis and planning efforts and provides timely status input to engineering management.
• B.S. or M.S. in the STEM field, such as Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, plus 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Digital FPGA architecture and design for embedded systems.
• High bandwidth data communications, storage, and manipulation in an FPGA.
• Writing and reviewing documentation including requirements, design, verification, and interface guides (e.g., User, Software).
• Hardware/Software integration and lab debug using common equipment including internal FPGA logic analyzer tools (e.g., Vivado Logic Analyzer).
• Communicating and coordinating across engineering teams to achieve project goals.
• Proficiency with:
o HDL coding (e.g., VHDL, Verilog, etc.) for FPGA development and simulation. o HDL design and coding best practices for purpose (e.g., resource use, clock-rate, latency).
o FPGA design tools, simulation tools (e.g., Xilinx Vivado, Mentor QuestaSim). o Source control tools (e.g., Subversion, git).
o Standard office software (e.g., MS Word, Excel, etc.).
• Generates creative solutions; welcomes feedback to modify and improve designs.
• Is accurate, thorough and monitors own work quality; constantly looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Quickly adapts to changes in priority, approach or method to best fit the situation; manages competing demands; deals well with delays or unexpected events.
• Effectively presents information to a variety of people, including senior management and peers on project teams; ability to translate complex ideas into easy-to-understand explanation.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication (verbal, written, listening) and time management skills.
• Is tactful and professional; treats others with respect and consideration.
• Hybrid remote based in the Vernon Hills/Chicagoland area.
• Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time