Sr. Fire Protection Engineer
100 W Walnut Street 5th Floor Pasadena, CA 91124
- Our client has a position open for a Senior Fire Protection Engineer (FPE) to join the Fire Protection Engineering Division of Federal Business Unit in support of various Government Agency projects.
- Our client' s Federal Business Unit provides a broad array of engineering design services to its clients including Fire and Life Safety Engineering and Fire Protection System Design.
- Plan, direct, and oversee engineering activities including project execution.
- Conduct Fire Protection Engineering inspection, studies, design, and complex calculations.
- Perform interpretation and application of local, state, and federal requirements, and regulations, relative to all aspects of fire protection and life safety.
- Prepare and present technical audits, reports and exhibits.
- Design fire suppression system, fire alarm system, and prepare technical specifications.
- Comply with all safety policies.
- Complete site surveys and identify code issues and offer compliant solutions.
- Visit construction sites or frequent travel with overnight stay.
- Eight plus (8+) years of work experience in Fire Protection Engineering design and project management.
- Ability to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in using AutoCAD, Revit, and Hydraulic Calculation software.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain US Government security clearance (SECRET).
- B.S. Degree, or higher, in Engineering, preferably Fire Protection Engineering.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in Fire Protection Engineering.
- Possess certifications, training, and working knowledge of all NFPA codes and standards including: NFPA13, 14, 11, 15, 16, 20, 22, 24, 25, 2001, 70, and 72.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation experience is a plus.
- Smoke control and exhaust system design experience is a plus.