Sr. Firmware Engineer III
Racho Santa Margarita, CA 92688-2604 US
Will help develop current and future generations of our Secure Communication System (SCS). The ideal candidate will be motivated, talented and will have experience with FPGA development projects in the defense and aerospace industry, working from requirements through design, coding, simulation, integration, and testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop FPGA firmware using VHDL language, test the design using software tools and perform Verification and Validation tests in the lab.
- Lead the development of large scale VHDL FPGA logic design from conception, through execution and production release and help develop logic design architecture and firmware requirements specifications.
- Perform firmware engineering activities across the entire development lifecycle: requirements analysis, firmware design, implementation, and test.
- Support design review meetings with internal and external customers.
- Mentor junior engineers in Firmware development, debug analysis and problem solving.
- Support board design team members with pinout and schematic development.
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering design activities with emphasis on digital systems. Familiarity with design verification, testing, and qualification of developed products.
- Experience with Xilinx and MiroSemi FPGAs and the relevant development tools such as ModelSim, Libero, Vivado, Vitis, Matlab, etc.
- Experience with serial communication protocols such as: I2C, SPI, PCIe, T1, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience developing and implementing signal processing algorithms on an FPGA.
- Experience developing firmware on SoC FPGAs.
- Hands-on hardware testing, hardware debugging and in-system testing of FPGA designs using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum/logic analyzers, power meters, etc.
- Working knowledge of configuration management and configuration control aspects for hardware, software, documentation products, including generation and maintenance of builds and verification documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be comfortable preparing and presenting data in front of peers and/or customers .
Education and/or Work Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of firmware development.
- Familiarity with UVM and System Verilog for design verification.
- Knowledge of engineering design process, tools, and techniques specifically related to DO-254 certifiable FPGA design.
- Experience with Audio systems, conferencing and distribution of audio data and Audio signal processing.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000, AS9100, DO-178B, DO-254, MIL-STDs.
Salary: $115,000.00- $135,000.00/Year