Sr. Global Supply Chain Manager
1306 S. Alameda St. Compton, CA 90221
An exciting career opportunity with a growing company. Looking for a high energy Manager able to manage the supply chain team and drive improvements in Inventory Turns, OTD, Supplier Performance, Planning and Forecast accuracy. This position must be a very strong leader with a very hands on attitude.
Responsible for Leading all New Product Development Sourcing with a strong knowledge in Project Management and Costing Analysis. Improving the Global Supply Chain and Leading the efforts to reduce lead-times and lower cost while improving Inventory turns.
Need a Leader that can manage activities with the objective of creating value, building a competitive infrastructure, leveraging worldwide logistics, synchronizing supply with demand and measuring performance globally.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience in Supply Chain Management: Inventory Control, Planning, Forecasting, Warehouse management & transportation
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing Buyers and Procurement staff
- Knowledge of general manufacturing operations, planning theories and scheduling principles, monitoring execution of plan
- Experience with Lean methodology and Continuous improvement practices, capable of making recommendations to improve productivity, cost, quality and reduction of waste and non-value added activities
- Able to work with complex BOM structures
- High degree of experience in data mining and report building
- Ability to research, collect and analyze data
- Able to conduct inventory analyses and risk assessments on supply trends and demand factors
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and demanding manufacturing environment
- Well organized, detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Hands-on, self-motivated, self-starter with a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Strong written, verbal, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ability to successfully work with cross-functional teams
- Advanced understanding and use of Microsoft Excel required.
- Sourcing new suppliers for existing parts and sourcing new parts within existing suppliers using our vendor scorecard and vendor certification process
- Prepare price comparison between new suppliers (new parts) versus existing suppliers (existing parts). Excellent contract negotiation skills.
- Prepare RFQ package and define the quantity break we need quotes on. Compare quotes for competitiveness.
- Tooling cavity, lead-time, material, manufacturing method should all be included in the quote sheet (better to have the tooling cavity count to be the same from all quotes).
- Prepare cost analysis/comparison with pictures for projects
- Calculate the preliminary BOM cost.
- Negotiate shipping schedule with suppliers, not every supplier has the flexibility on moving shipping dates around.
- Follow up with Asian suppliers to ensure urgent items are shipped in a timely manner.
- Act as the communication bridge between suppliers and company engineers.
- Read all drawings, making sure callouts are disclosed in our engineering drawing before sending them out for quotes
- Monitor prototype schedule, production schedule, and internal sample approval processes.
- Communicate QC issues with overseas suppliers and decide if we want replacement or credit to close the QC issue.
- Create and/or monitor inventory Key Business Metrics, plan improvement projects according to data and interact with team implementing solutions
- Manage Control Material Review Board to keep levels at minimum and follow up improvement actions
- Attend Tier 4 Meeting and respond/plan actions to cover raw material shortages with substitutes or expediting material to avoid customer service issues
- Upload the approved/selected supplier’ s information and quotes into Arena and GP systems.
- Travel to China and Taiwan, average time spent 10%- 25%.
- Perform all duties required as the NPD ( New Product Development ) Buyer
- Act as Project Manager on all new product development product. Responsible for reporting all supply chain related product status to the management team.
- Improve cycle times in the supply chain using Value Stream Mapping tool and lower the levels of inventory as the business becomes more efficient.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field (Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or Economics)
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience in discrete industrial goods manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Leadership position.
- Experience working with scheduling vendors and in house operations.
- Experience managing and sourcing international and domestic suppliers.
- Strong Supplier experience with Overseas Suppliers
- Commodity experience with steel, aluminum, and plastic fabrication and assembly processes
- Advanced Knowledge in Microsoft excel.
- Can do / make it happen attitude. The ability to multi task in a very fast paced environment.
- Strong ethical business and personal values
- Proven problem solving experience using statistics, flow diagrams & Gantt charts
- Cost accounting and BOM understanding
- Understand of E-Business, E-Procurement
- Ability to understand financial statements
- Project Management skills
- Great communication and teambuilding skills
- Experience in traveling to overseas factories specifically Taiwan and China
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- Chinese or Mandarin as a second language, preferred
- Masters degree a major plus
- Lean Training
- APICS certifications highly recommended / desired
- Green Belt or Black Belt certificate