Sr./Lead Piping Designer
9400 N Broadway Suite 300 Oklahoma City, OK 73114
Our customer is seeking a SR./Lead Piping Designer to report to the Design Manager of Oil, Gas and Chemicals Group in OKC, Oklahoma. The qualifying Sr./Lead piping designers Must have strong emphasis on upstream design and Plant 3D experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This designer will primarily be responsible for leading the piping design and CAD (Plant 3D) drafting effort for portions of oil refining, chemical, and petrochemical facilities projects assigned (Upstream Design).
- This designer will work closely with the principal piping designer various project managers and discipline engineers to perform and coordinate design for projects assigned.
- This designer will provide oversight to the design work done by other designers throughout the division.
- Other duties will be as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree is a plus.
- 10-20+ years’ experience in process piping design required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2015 / Pant 3D minimum is required.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to be a design area lead, directing and checking the work of other designers in a team environment.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Plant 3D software is required.
- Proficiency in Navisworks Simulate software is a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience in oil refining industry required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process plant equipment, piping systems function and interaction, pipe stress, pipe support common practice, and piping layout is required.
- Process plant layout experience is a plus.
Drawings and Tasks:
- Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID) Layout and Checking.
- Plot Plan Layout and Checking.
- Equipment Location Plan Layout and Checking.
- 3D Equipment Modeling and Checking.
- 3D Piping Modeling and Checking.
- 3D Piping Specification Database Checking.
- 3D Model Review Driver.
- Piping Drawing Checking.
- Lead Site Work in Process Facility.
- Check Other Discipline Drawings (Squad Check).
- Check Vendor Drawings and Data.
- Experience with Plant3D, AutoCAD.
- Some experience with field work capabilities that may include climbing equipment, scaffolds, etc. and the ability to hand sketch field ISO’ s for refinery, and mid-stream applications.
- Local candidates are a plus.