Sr. Manager IT Managed Services
18 Tremont St Boston, MA 02108
Works closely with all departments and managers to ensure IT needs are met and works specifically with Customer Service and Engineering managers to ensure system delivery, setup and commissioning, and ongoing support activities are being completed.
This position works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the commercial information technology delivery.
- Duties require the ability to match business requirements, including those of customers, with IT responsibilities and activities.
- Determines what personnel and IT resources are required to meet the deployed systems plan, objectives, SLAs and KPIs by reviewing plan documents and maintaining strong communications with the external customer and the relevant internal managers.
- Manages the cost budgets for the IT system support and operations components or contracts.
- Stays current with the latest technology, organizational concepts, management skills and business relationship concepts.
- Establishes and maintains an IT infrastructure that supports all customer services activities, by assessing cost in terms of system availability, capacity and security.
- Providing all levels of technical support, depending on the application.
- Monitoring live systems and networks and responding to alerts.
- Establish a robust security regime and monitor accordingly.
- Providing periodic routine and preventive maintenance of live systems.
- Maintaining all division or supporting all communications infrastructure, including LAN / WAN, telephony, hosting facilities, etc.
- Establishes and maintains an IT application support team that supports all engineering and IT program management activities.
- Supporting new business and proposal efforts in designing hardware, utility and network / communications solutions.
- Building and supporting engineering test/development / lab environments.
- Deploying and supporting production systems, whether internally hosted or at customer sites.
- Managing software / hardware licenses and software / hardware maintenance purchases/renewals.
- Providing and managing personnel resources stationed at customer facilities.
- Works in conjunction with our global operations to ensure consistency, support requirements and other strategic objectives of the organization are met.
- Ensures IT systems and services are designed to meet all prevalent security and operational standards such as but not limited to PCI-DSS, SSAE16, ISO 27001, or ISO 20000.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in a technical or technical management discipline.
- Minimum of twelve years’ experience implementing and managing large IT projects.
- Management experience is necessary.
- Able to prioritize, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines.
- Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Must be available for both domestic and international travel.
- Providing all levels of technical support, depending on the application