Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
8940 Tyler Blvd. Mentor, OH 44060
- Ensures maximum cost effectiveness and the reliability of manufacturing processes and workflow.
- Determines the methods and sequence of manufacturing operations for intricate and/or complex products and machine parts and electromechanical systems (consisting of a mix of discrete components and Integrated Circuits).
- Ensures products and processes meet customer quality requirements.
- Provides producibility input and manufacturing plans for product design or modification.
- Assists production personnel in the assembly and trouble-shooting of electronic circuits, cable assemblies, chassis assemblies (including fluidic components) and instrumentation set-ups.
- Tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production assemblies, equipment, and electromechanical systems, consisting of a mix of discrete components and Integrated Circuits, while applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, and mechanical assembles.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system' s operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for consideration by design engineers.
- Assembles experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- May check functioning of installed equipment in aircraft, ships, and structures to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- May instruct and supervise other technical personnel.
- Sets up standard test apparatus and devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Develops/Evaluates complex manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; and conferring with equipment suppliers. Prepares written and graphical work instructions to communicate manufacturing requirements to production technicians.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles (e.g. value stream mapping) and techniques to critical or high-impact areas of production. May lead special projects for a variety of products and processes.
- Frequent formal and informal customer interface to present program status, including analysis of product failure, probable cause, and corrective plan.
- Must have Bachelor’ s degree (BS) in Electromechanical, Electrical/Controls (low voltage), Manufacturing Engineering or other related engineering field.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six years or more of increasingly responsible related experience.
- Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) or Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME) desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledgeable in the assembly and trouble-shooting of electronic circuits (discrete components and Integrated Circuits), cable assemblies, chassis assemblies (including fluidic components) and instrumentation set-ups.
- Skilled in technical writing and creation of layout and assembly procedures, technical reports and charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system' s operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations
- Skilled in problem solving techniques for electromechanical assemblies.
- Experienced in electromechanical assembly and rework experience.
- Skilled in analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Knowledgeable of test equipment and skilled to adjust, calibrate, align, and modify circuitry and components to enable streamlined testing of electromechanical assemblies.
- Thorough understanding of electrical schematics, electronic circuits, data acquisition systems, process control systems, microprocessors, and automatic test equipment.
- Knowledge of flow meters, pressure gauges, and other fluidic system designs, including tubing and fittings, as well as ideal locations for monitoring gauges in a fluid loop.
- Knowledge of ESD control systems, ESD procedures, and experience working within an ESD safe environment.
- Knowledgeable root cause corrective action investigations and required analyses of electrical components and assemblies (e.g. 8D).
- Experienced in solving a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams.
- Experience in IPC-610 and IPC/WHMA-620.