Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
13350 KIRKHAM WAY POWAY, CA 92064
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for all of the factory manufacturing processes. This role will support production, product manufacturability, quality and reliability, and will be responsible for implementing manufacturing process controls that demonstrate statistical acceptance and improved yields.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve performance and efficiency of SMT manufacturing processes. Focus on product quality, reliability, on-time delivery and cost.
- Develop and implement set-up and run parameters for all manufacturing processes to improve yield and control.
- Document the processes and provide operator training.
- Demonstrate process controls utilizing statistical process control tools.
- Reduce process variation for improved quality and on-time delivery.
- Conduct root cause analysis and propose corrective actions for continuous improvement related to manufacturing problems.
- Provide leadership on Process Improvement Teams.
- Work with component vendors to improve component quality.
- Work with equipment vendors to select new equipment.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’ s Degree in an Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar technical field is required.
- 12-15 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or related position (e.g., Quality or Process Engineer), is required, with experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma and/or Quality is preferred.
- Previous experience in a Lead or Senior role, in order to demonstrate ability to work in a leadership capacity, is a strong plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong SMT manufacturing (hands-on) experience is required and should include the ability to program pick-and-place equipment, define oven profiles, measure and analyze yields to create improvements, inventory control and kitting.
- Experience with improvement in Surface Mount Technology (SMT) processes, techniques, and procedures with a demonstrated ability in measurement, analysis and adjustment for improved yields is required.
- Experience with Work-In-Process (WIP) reduction and cycle time reduction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects/priorities is essential, with a hard charging work ethic and an ability to motivate others.
- Strong technical aptitude with ability to actively engage and demonstrate the desire to ‘ be a participant’ of the team.
- Environment stress testing experience is essential.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of IPC 610, IPC J-Standard 001 & IPC 7711 & 7721 rework standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with BGA, BGA rework, thermal profiling, x-ray, screen printing and reflow profiling.
- Experience in Statistical Process Control (SPC) set-up and tracking.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 environment is required, AS9100 is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with the ability to plan and resolve problems effectively and establish priorities.
- Experience in implementing Lean manufacturing principles and Six-Sigma knowledge is desired.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment, with time spent on a factory floor.
- Exposure to moderate levels of noise and variations in temperature if in the factory.
- Position will be regularly required to walk, sit and stand, and to reach with hands and arms, with extended periods of time standing and walking up and down stairs. Regular use of a computer keyboard is required. Vision requirements will be mostly close for computer monitor use.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk