Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Oakland, CA 94602 US
PEAK Is looking for a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer for a growing energy start company in East Bay.
- Convert product requirements into technical specifications, develop conceptual and detailed designs along with necessary risk assessments; perform engineering analysis, prototyping and/or testing required to achieve robust and cost-effective solutions on the core technology as well as tooling and other equipment to support manufacturing, testing and other efforts.
- Lead and manage a variety of projects concurrently within timelines and budgets.
- Develop manufacturing processes and procedures, train staff and develop quality standards.
- Design for high volume manufacturability and lower cost.
- Develop specifications, working drawings, instructions and other related documents.
- Equipment selection for functionality, cost and scalability.
- Work closely with another functional team for real-time product design, development and project implementation.
- Propose and execute product cost models and cost reduction initiatives.
- Lead technical discussions and design review meetings.
- Support purchasing efforts to source components and services by obtaining or developing necessary technical specifications.
- Participate in vendor qualification as necessary.
- Have 5 years of engineering experience from multiple industries and technologies; energy industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Have a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related areas.
- A technically hands-on person with multiple successful product designs, design for cost and cost reduction activities.
- Demonstrate creativity and out-of-the-box thinking through a proven track record of innovation and/or patent portfolio.
- Ability to solve mechanical engineering problems and develops conceptual designs across disciplinary boundaries.
- Have subject expertise in various mechanical engineering disciplines.
- Have fluency in Solidworks.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Collaborate well with other disciplines to develop globally optimized solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative designs from blank sheets to the product
- Plus: design experience for high-temperature environments, including high nickel alloys and/or refractory materials.
The position will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, California with the potential for partial remote work and may require traveling up to 30%.