Sr. Mechanical Engineer
8375 Camino Sante fe Ste A San Diego, CA 92121
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design and implementation of antenna products. The candidate will lead projects and mentor more junior engineers and interns. This position will require traditional mechanical engineering skills as well as industrial engineering design experience. This position will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards while meeting design standards and guidelines. Will also work in a support role as needed on other projects.
Work closely with Antenna Engineers and customers to understand, design and test requirements and specifications to then use the information to develop a project schedule. Estimate production timelines and related costs.
• Follow direction of Project Manager to present concept to customers.
• Interface with all other functional groups and departments as required in the design and test development lifecycle.
• Work closely with Engineering Team to identify and resolve issues related detail part fabrication, test setup assembly, and during testing.
• Transition products from product development to production.
• Process optimization.
• Find ways to eliminate wastefulness in production processes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. degree in materials or mechanical engineering.
• Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
• Working knowledge of materials and high-volume manufacturing processes, fastener selection, and Testing methodologies.
• Strong CAD skills and Solidworks experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Industrial design experience.
• Manufacturing experience in the semiconductor and/or electronics industry desired.
• M.S. degree in materials or mechanical engineering.
• RF or Wireless Product Industries a PLUS
• Antenna design
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other mechanical engineer positions in the department.
Up to 25% of overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Minneapolis address: 15 S 5th St Ste 150, Minneapolis, MN 55402