Sr. Mechanical Test Engineer
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, IA 52804
Senior Mechanical Test Engineer that will support test and verification activities for our mechanical systems in Aerial Refueling and Life Support product lines. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Leads and executes qualification and certification programs in accordance with company, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Works with Program Management and a cross functional team within an Integrated Product Team environment to actively manage project Verification & Validation (V&V) execution.
- Develops integrated program plans for V&V activities to include: defining tasks, resource requirements, test events, test configuration and hardware planning, test facility selection and coordination.
- Executes projects to schedule and budget baselines and provides timely, thorough and accurate project status reporting.
- Ensures executable validation and verification program plan for system and component designs, inclusive of an effective risk and opportunity management program.
- Works directly with customers and suppliers to manage verification of system level and component level qualification programs.
- Responsible for organizing complex and dynamic activities for the qualification and certification of designs.
- Leads or assists in root cause problem solving activities using standard methods, processes and techniques.
- Performs failure tracking, participates in failure review boards, and makes recommendations for regression testing and delta qualification test and analysis requirements.
- Drives and determines appropriate verification methods and success criteria to effectively manage product quality and compliance.
- Establishes and oversees performance of qualification program plans, on- and off-site functional and environmental tests, engineering analyses, inspections and demonstration events.
- Provides senior level guidance and input to test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Ensures full requirements compliancy, leads validation audits (Functional Configuration Audits) and assists in conformity activities.
- Leads or assists technical trade analysis in making technical decisions having major impact on the successful development and qualification of the product.
- Writes high quality test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs occasionally.
- Travel is about 10-15% with some international travel.
- B.S. degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program, or equivalent technical degree from an ABET accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with aerospace mechanical systems design verification.
- Experience with any of the following Military and DO Standards: DO-160G or MIL-STD-810G
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for effective interface with engineers, management, suppliers, customers and generation of project documentation.
- Demonstrated experience with FAA Conformity and Certification (14 CFR Part 25).
- Demonstrated experience with DoD Air Worthiness (MIL-STD-516).
- Demonstrated experience with DOORS requirements management software a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with Product Data Management (PDM).
- Demonstrated experience in aerospace electrical systems, fuel, electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics, and controls.
- Ability to work in an office, lab, or indoor industrial environments.