Sr. Packaging Engineer
1 Edwards Way Irvine, CA 92614
Develop world-class capabilities and provide a competitive advantage through packaging design and project management.
- Develop protocols for, and implement, package design, packaging process validation, and package shelf life testing.
- Driving new packaging technologies and strategies with increased uncertainty and complexity to improve time to market and advance the technology of package engineering.
- Develop complex project plans by utilizing own input as well as input from working closely with cross-functional team members and outside suppliers of materials and services.
- Validate new packaging equipment and packaging manufacturing processes to determine appropriate sourcing, purchasing, installation planning and specifications.
- Identify and develop higher impact operations packaging projects (e.g., cost improvements, qualify new suppliers and product transfers) (S: 20% / NPD: 0%).
- Design innovative packaging concepts for complex projects, including new product launches and existing products throughout all stages of product development from concept to launch, including clinical trials, global and limited market releases, as well as key operations initiatives.
- Provide guidance and coaching to lower level engineers.
- Other incidental duties assigned by leadership.
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience preferred (if applicable).
- Strong documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills.
- Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required (if applicable).
- Substantial understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering.
- Substantial understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent with 4 Years experience or Master' s Degree or equivalent with 3 Years experience or Ph.D. or equivalent in engineering or scientific field with no experience.