Sr. Project Accountant
9800 Hillwood Parkway Fort Worth, Texas 76177 | Contract to Direct
This position within the Train Control group is responsible for supporting all of the financial and accounting processes, practices and reporting for the relevant product lines. Responsibilities include contributing to the monthly financial close process, budgeting, and forecasting for the business in addition to managing financial and accounting policies, procedures and controls within the product lines. The position reports directly to the Controller of Train Control.
This position may require periodic travel and to be successful the successful candidate must be willing to spend sufficient time working with all members of the team to be sure the financial reporting and forecasting is accurate, and sufficient accounting controls are in place.
- Key contributor to the monthly financial close process. Generating financial statements in accordance with local and US GAAP.
- Driving business performance to meet performance commitments.
- Developing accurate and predictable business forecasts.
- Report on the financial past, present and future performance of the product line, with a deep understanding for the drivers behind variances (including earnings, expenses and future operations).
- Ensure compliance with Corporate accounting practices and procedures and internal controls.
- Ensure complete compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements, ensuring procedures and internal controls are in place.
- Deep understanding of the business unit’s financial health and key drivers.
- 5-7 years of accounting experience in a dynamic environment, preferably within a publicly traded company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (with relevant position experience).
- Public accounting experience preferred, but not required.
- MBA preferred.
- Holds or willingness to pursue a professional certification as a CPA is a plus.
- Proficient in US GAAP.
- Strong information systems/ERP (Oracle) system experience and superior Excel skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional areas in the business and with executives.
- Ability to summarize data.
- Good judgment and decision making skills.
- Strategic thinking, strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience and comfort operating and executing in a project-based environment, including the related technical accounting skills and revenue recognition requirements.
- Experience within a software development and testing environment preferred.
Personal Skills and Characteristics
- Deals well with ambiguity; can effectively cope with change; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Strong commitment to business ethics and integrity.
- Must be hands-on and detail oriented, with strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and successfully facilitate constructive engagements.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work independently, establish a high level of credibility and maintain effective relationships with co-workers.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/297383