Sr. Project Manager (Highway)
600 Riveredge Pkwy #700 Atlanta, GA 30328 | Direct Placement
- Position is located in Downtown, Atlanta within our client’ s building at the State Road Tollway Authority (SRTA).
- Candidate will act as the General Engineering Consultant (GEC) to manage express toll road projects under the Major Mobility Improvement Program (MMIP).
- Candidate must have a PE Certification.
- Candidate must have good communication and written skills.
- Ideal candidate has a Project Management background on Highway and Roadway projects (Construction would be okay).
- Candidate will coordinate program with various groups (including client), plan and organize projects. In addition, he / she will perform financial management tasks.
- Candidate has also to be hands-on and do work as needed.
- Will offer relocation for the right candidate. ( will we fly candidates to interview in-person at our cost if needed).
- 8-15 years professional experience.
Our customer seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Atlanta, GA as a Senior Project Manager supporting the Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA) General Engineering Consultant (GEC) Program, working as an “ extension of staff” in the client’ s offices in downtown Atlanta. This position will provide career growth opportunities through management of SRTA express / managed lanes toll road projects under the significant Major Mobility Improvement Program (MMIP).
The ideal candidate will have a background as a traditional project manager for DOT highway projects in design or construction, experience in capital project procurement / development, and lifecycle management of projects. A broad base of skills, capability and experience in management, engineering, administration and communicating is desired, as well as the willingness to be a team player.
Education and Experience:
- Typical incumbent will have 8-15 years of experience.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with 8 years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, two years of these working as a Project Manager.
- General Engineering Consultant (GEC) experience is a plus.
- GDOT Design-Build experience is also a plus.
- Professional Registration (e.g. PE) in field of practice is required.
- PMP certification is desirable.
- Project Manager as part of an Atlanta, GA transportation team that supports the Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA) (client).
- SRTA, the tolling partner to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) is currently developing tolled express lane systems and toll facilities.
- This position will serve as a GEC Project Manager for the client’ s Engineering Group, and will manage other consultants and Our customer tolls staff, as well as provide support to the client’ s staff, on numerous types of design/construction projects related primarily to those express lane and toll facilities.
- Performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and financial management.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of the Request for Proposal documents developed by the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) for the solicitation of civil contractors to construct the express lane facilities, and deliver the infrastructure required to support tolling operations.
- Coordinate and work with GDOT operations and SRTA operations staff to support operations from the conceptual operations phase, implementation, to ongoing operations and maintenance.
- Serve as the technical liaison between the SRTA Toll System Integrator (TSI) and the GDOT civil contractor.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams from both agencies to work towards technical solutions that are in the best interests of the overall project.
- Serve as an extension of client staff, working on a daily basis with the Agency’ s offices.
- Communicate regularly with client staff, project managers, external agency and consultant staff.
- Support occasional field work with technical staff, to collect site specific data as projects require.
- Assists in the preparation of graphic displays, presentations, reports.
- Guides, reviews, supervises and/or coordinates the work of a multidisciplinary project team made up of widely diverse internal teams and consultants.
- Prepares and maintains project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to client project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Responsible preparing for concept reports, including coordination with internal client design groups in preparation of the reports, to be used for scoping and budgeting projects.
- Establishes and maintains project files.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and in preparation of firm’ s qualification/experience statements.
- Schedule and coordinate project meetings.
- May supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills.
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills; good public speaking ability.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project financial management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Project Server; Working knowledge of SharePoint and other Project Management / production support systems.