Sr. RF/DAS Engineer
120 S. Riverside Ste. 1800 Chicago, Illinois 60606 | Direct Placement
The Sr. RF/DAS Engineer will manage all DAS and Wi-Fi design activities in their assigned region. You will become involved at the very inception of each assigned project and work through the entire site lifecycle. You will need excellent customer facing communication skills as you will work with a wide variety of internal and external customers. You must have strong skills in designing in-building and outdoor distributed antenna systems for Cellular and public safety applications while being knowledgeable of carriers’ design requirements and all of the major OEM’s equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate on Benchmark data collection support, including determining walk routes and channel collection requirements.
- Coordinate with Solutions to gather carrier and venue technical requirements needed to complete preliminary designs.
- Participate in site surveys to gather requisite information needed to develop designs and integrate into existing structures.
- Plan and manage Continuous Wave (CW) data collection.
- Analyze and incorporate Benchmark and CW data into RF designs for each venue.
- Manage and review RF designs to ensure compliance with carrier and venue requirements and to maximize efficiency.
- Establishes and drives schedule, cost and quality expectations.
- Responsible for delivering iBwave designs, carrier design packages, and BOM to Solutions and Deployment teams.
- Arranges and presents internal design reviews with Solutions, Sales, and Deployment teams.
- Participates in carrier and venue design reviews and utilizes feedback to manage design revisions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with carrier engineering staff to minimize design revisions.
- Coordinate support for DAS commissioning, optimization, and testing efforts to ensure compliance with design criteria.
- Provide support to Deployment team in arranging for on-site and back office commissioning and carrier integration support.
- Facilitate 3rd party Acceptance Testing in support of Deployment team.
- Provided final review and approval of carrier Closeout Packages.
- Coordinates ongoing engineering support for upgrades, retrofits, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university.
- iBwave certification required (Level 2 certification preferred).
- Minimum of three (3) years in-building DAS design experience.
- Direct DAS design experience with stadiums, arenas, large scale venues and hybrid solutions.
- Must be familiar with wireless technologies CDMA, EVDO, GSM, CDMA, UMTS, W-CDMA and LTE.
- Working design knowledge using CMA, Commscope, SOLiD and Teko DAS equipment.
- Must have a detailed understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory and RF engineering tools (signal generators, spectrum analyzers and other tools and software such as JDSU, Nemo Handy, Actix, Atoll, Asset, PCTel, ZK, MapInfo and Tems).
- Strong PC skills with MS-Office applications, specifically PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work well under pressure and multitask.
- Individual must also be able to prioritize multiple high priority projects, work schedule and workload.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/297186