Sr. Reliability Engineer
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, IA 52804
We are seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer that will perform engineering within a dynamic and multifunctional team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the Aircraft Systems Engineering team. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Perform detailed analysis and assessment of mechanical and electromechanical designs to identify and document reliability, maintainability and safety considerations.
- Develop reliability program plans, perform reliability analysis, apportion failure rates, generate reliability predictions and reports, analyze production and field data to identify reliability improvement opportunities.
- Utilize the company Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
- Conduct and document Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA/FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis.
- Support Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Perform systems and subsystems safety hazard analysis, assign hazard rating, develop mitigation strategies, actively track and manage hazards to acceptable risk levels.
- Perform maintainability analysis, identify preventative maintenance activities and cycle times, ensure customer maintenance requirements are met and support customer maintenance demonstrations.
- Generate proposals, RM&S; estimates and support Total Cost of Ownership or Life Cycle Cost predictions.
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams for collaborative design and project execution coordination.
- Make independent judgments regarding technical issues and recommendation to improve company processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology discipline from an ABET accredited institution.
- 7 years' experience as an RM&S; engineer or equivalent role.
- Experience performing reliability predications and analysis for defense or commercial aerospace systems.
- Experienced using PTC/Relex Reliability Prediction software.
- Experience participating in periodic program reviews with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate emerging reliability concerns to engineering leadership.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience utilizing reliability standards or equivalent standards such as MIL-STD-217, MIL-STD-756, NSWC-10, MIL-HDBK-781, MIL-HDBK-189, MIL-STD-1629, SAE JA1000, and ANSII GEIA-STD-009.
- Certified Reliability Professional (CRP) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE).
- Ability to perform safety and hazard analysis per MIL-STD-882, SAE ARP4761 or equivalent standards.
- Ability to perform maintainability analysis per MIL-HDBK-470, 472 or equivalent.
- Ability to perform Human Factors engineering analysis per MIL-HDBK-1472 or equivalent.
- Strong statistical analysis and pragmatic problem solving skills.