Sr. Scheduler - Construction
777 Woodward Avenue Suite 300 Detroit, MI 48226
Type: Direct (may consider contract only candidates based on experience and committed length of assignment)
Location: Detroit, MI and/or Pittsburgh, PA
Travel: < 40% Detroit, < 50% Pittsburgh
- Champion the development and maintenance of detailed project schedules inclusive of design, procurement, construction, close-out, equipment installation, and commissioning activities. The Senior Scheduler must understand and apply engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships. They will develop and maintain critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information. They must prepare and review baseline schedules, perform schedule reviews with the entire project team and obtain buy-in. They must be able to customize project control systems to meet specific project requirements
- The Scheduler / Senior Scheduler will monitor and document construction progress, identify, track and assist in resolution of construction issues/conflicts. They will monitor, review and report to the Project Manager and or clients, the schedule status of the project with regard to compliance to the construction contract specifications and other documents. Scheduler will create Cost and Resource Loaded scheduling, gather data, validate and incorporate it into the project schedule, analyze schedule impacts and recommend corrective action to be taken in order to mitigate/avoid cost and schedule overruns. They will also prepare clear and concise scheduling/update analysis reports, including project indicators on a regular basis.
- Support corporate initiatives, accumulating historical performance data, for use in a realistic planning and forecasting of future projects.
- Effectively interface and participate in difficult conversations with entire project team (Owner, General, AE, Subcontractors and Suppliers)
- In addition to proven proficiency with Oracle Primavera and Microsoft Project, the Sr. Scheduler will be required to utilize other software tools to validate and interact with project scheduling tools (i.e., Excel, Adobe, Bluebeam, Synchro, Vico, NetPoint, etc.)
- Collect, input, validate and analyze progress in the master schedule, using P6.
- Assess that project objectives, both short and long term, are being met.
- Incorporate detail fragments and other sequencing modifications as required.
- Prepare and publish reports on a regular basis (I don’ t know what the frequency is).
Qualifications and Required Education/Experience:
- 4 year degree in engineering or construction management and at least 2 years’ directly related experience [construction engineering/scheduling] preferred. Minimum requirement is a High School Diploma.
- 2 plus years construction sceduling experience.
- Primavera 6 (P6)
- Proficient in cost, manpower and equipment resource loaded schedule
- Proficient in gathering, maintaining, reporting and analyzing schedule data
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Ability to travel preferred (as needed)
- Cost Control background a plus.
- The selected candidate profile for this role would be someone who has been in the field, understands not only the schedule development tool, but also how Specifications and contract language affect the schedule. The candidate needs to have an excellent phone presence, as it’ s possible they would be supporting multiple projects from a central location.
- Candidates not selected are candidate only involved with incorporating schedules provided by others into a master, or who has worked almost exclusively in Engineering/Preconstruction/Program Management.