Sr. Software Engineer
Chatsworth, CA 91311 US
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, On-site
Salary: $100,000 to $140,000 per year
Our client is a smart manufacturing company that is focused on changing manufacturing by AI and Robotics. The company develops software-defined factories of the future, and the mission is to create modular manufacturing solutions by changing software.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be in charge of developing software that enables the next generation of manufacturing automation.
- Create robust, high-quality, well-tested software to interface with and control sensors, actuators, and other hardware.
- Collaborate with experts in machine learning and robotic controls to implement and deploy algorithms, such as machine learning models.
- Profile, tune, and optimize system performance.
- Create reusable software and systems to accelerate robotics development.
- Maintain high standards by participating in reviews, designing for fault tolerance and operational excellence, and creating mechanisms for continuous improvement.
- Mentor junior team members and help with the hiring.
- Architect, design, and implement robotic software applications, infrastructure, and tools.
- Work with stakeholders across hardware, science, and operations teams to iterate on systems design and implementation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Proficiency with professional software engineering practices & standard practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Proficiency developing production-quality software in languages such as C++, or Python.