Sr. Software Engineer
Vernon Hills, IL 60061 US
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and develop software systems and components for future Ultrasound products. You will work closely with architects and other developers to conceive, prototype and implement new software architectures, components or image processing algorithms. For assigned portions of system development, you will participate in the full system development lifecycle. The successful candidate has proven experience working within engineering teams to bring software intensive systems to market successfully. Candidates must be comfortable working in both embedded and non-embedded environments. Medical device development experience is desirable, but experience working within other regulated industries or mission critical applications is valued.
• Collaborate with project technical leads and other hardware engineering groups to develop Ultrasound software.
• Responsible for executing entire software development lifecycle for assigned software prototypes and components: definition of technical requirements critical to quality, software design, software construction, software verification and validation.
• Responsible for establishing and/or following existing software development processes. Work closely with DevOps to automate construction and verification of software artifacts.
• B.S. or M.S. in the STEM field, such as computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, physics, and/or mathematics, and 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience in software design and development of mission-critical, real-time applications touching all aspects of the system development lifecycle.
• Proficient to expert with C/C++ development of real-time applications in both Linux and Windows environments. Experience with RUST is valued. Other toolchains will be considered provided: (1) projects interfaced with hardware and had soft/hard real-time performance requirements, and (2) proven ability to become expert in new tool chains quickly.
• Proficient to expert with supporting tools and processes as they relate to software engineering: version control, automated verification and validation and debugging.
• Medical develop development, especially in Ultrasound is preferred.
• Must be able to clearly and concisely communicate technical concepts, designs and issues to other engineers in the same or different disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize work; and estimate its effort.
• Demonstrated to be straightforward, approachable, and easy to work with.
• Demonstrated flexibility accepting some variation in role and assignments.
• Hybrid remote based in the Vernon Hills/Chicagoland area.
• Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time)