Sr. Structural Engineer - Facilities & Equipment Design
Engineer in Merritt Island, Florida Merritt Island, FL 32952
Senior Structural Engineer – Facilities & Equipment Design
Our client is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to provide designs for Department of Defense and NASA governmental facilities for our growing new office of employee owners in Merritt Island, FL.
Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship.
This position will be responsible for supporting all structural design requirements for the Merritt Island office including the following duties:
- Working with other disciplines to improve accuracy of the package, to meet schedule, and to meet budget commitments.
- Providing Facility structural design for NASA, DoD and other governmental agencies.
- Working in a design team environment, which includes directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required.
- Collaborating effectively with clients, contractors, fabricators, and other partnering companies.
- Meeting with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work.
- Preparing fee proposals for design work.
- Performing structural inspections and assessments of existing structures and equipment.
- Generating comprehensive and detailed engineering products, including technical reports and presentations, calculations, specifications, and drawings.
- Must have minimum fifteen (15) years of commercial or governmental facility design experience.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with autonomy.
Experience with conventional structural design codes is required. These include but are not limited to:
- ASCE 7
- AISC Steel Construction Manual
- Experience in designing NASA/aerospace projects is preferred.
- Experience in working with US Army Corps of Engineers is preferred.
- Experience in working with KSC Design Criteria is preferred.
- Experience managing others and mentoring junior-level structural engineers is required.
- Experience interfacing with client contacts.
- Design experience in AutoCAD and REVIT is a plus.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with structural analysis software packages (e.g. RISA 3D, SAP2000, STAAD Pro) is required.
- Mechanism, Mechanical Equipment, and pipe stress design experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with mechanical design codes is a plus. Examples include:
- ASME Section VIII
- ASME B31
- 3D solid element stress analysis is a plus.
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship.
- Degree Requirements:
- Bachelor of Sciences in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program.
- Master’ s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is a plus.
- Professional engineer license is required.
- Ability to obtain a Florida PE (Structural) within 4 months.