Sr. Systems Software Engineer
Monrovia, CA 91016 US
The Senior Systems Software Engineer will have a proven background in automation control and software development.
Conceptual and detailed software design, coding, and testing of:
- Pre-sale conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of software for semi-automated and fully automated industrial processing workstations
- Software integrating system operation, motion control, laser programming and control, machine vision (Cognex, Keyence), data collection and analysis, file management, human machine interfaces (HMI) and networking capabilities using graphical user interfaces (GUI) with real time implementation.
- Structured, re-useable low-level motion control system code for Delta-Tau, Aerotech, and ACS motion systems implementing control system and I/O functions.
- DLLs for selected software-controllable systems components such as: data acquisition and controls, motion controllers, visions systems, lasers, data collection and report generators.
- Manufacturing floor automation connectivity software including LAN, database, and other standard interfaces and protocols
- PLC code for Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Sick and Pilz PLCs
- Provide support for system acceptance testing conducted by project managers
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the Company from time to time
- Work in a team environment with other engineers, production, QA, test, materials control, contract management, and sales personnel
- Support and develop new software under direction of management.
- Prepare requirements document based on interview with customer and hardware engineers
- Prepare interface and functionality documentation for software modules
- Develop project plans and schedules for software development work.
- Report on progress, demonstrations, and changes
- Provide detailed documentation for engineering release
Software Development Management:
- Analyze and recommend improvements to our present software development and design control methodology
- Completely knowledgeable in software design tools and environments including: .NET, Visual C++, C#, Windows, networking
- Current experience in C# is required. Strong fundamental background in software engineering is a MUST!
- Design for long term support and modification
- Object-oriented design and analysis
- Professional software design and documentation control methodology
- Ability to travel occasionally
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Four year degree in computer science, engineering, physics, or related discipline
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven years+ experience in designing custom motion control and HMI software
- Three years+ experience in designing custom machine vision applications
- Attention to detail and being flexible to handle multiple tasks independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while performing task accurately.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in all areas of responsibility.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands Co's basic philosophy and participates fully in carrying out its mission.