Staff Data Architect
33 Technology Drive Irvine, CA 92618
The Data Architect (Staff Engineer) position will support the design, development and maintenance of software for a global healthcare company helping prevent hospital acquired infections. This role will be in the R&D department of a growing team of developers and engineers reporting to the Manager of Connected Products responsible for Data Analytics. This person will help prototype and develop predictive analytics and help with evolving our machine learning platform.
This person must have the ability to understand complex data relations, business requirements, formulate efficient and reliable solutions to difficult problems. The candidate should have in-depth knowledge and understanding of predicative analytics concepts and experienced in writing complex queries and data integration processes in AWS. This individual will be responsible for creating the design, development and implementation of new applications.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Analyze, architect, develop, validate and support integrating data and large datasets into the AWS platform from external data source; Files (XML, CSV, XLS, etc.), APIs (REST, SOAP), RDBMS.
- Articulate analytics propositions and collaborate to identify use case opportunities.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other AWS technologies
- Support analytics design decisions by taking relevant inputs from business team and defining clear requirements.
- Identify and prioritize problems.
- Share insights and observations throughout the process.
- Set up appropriate tools to measure and capture business value of results.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, Mathematics, Analytical modeling or closely related discipline.
- Experience with data modelling, design patterns, building highly scalable, cloud and secured analytical solutions is required.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of machine learning methods and statistical packages as applied to data analysis with scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) is required.
- Experience in applying real-time advanced machine learning analytics, artificial intelligence, and/or natural language processing-based methods throughout operational workflows is required.
- Strong experience with one or more ETL (extract, transform, load) tools.
- Big Data platform design i.e. tool selection, data integration, and data preparation for predictive modeling.
- Proven thought leadership on challenging problems with examples of implementing innovative analytic solutions and driving outstanding results is required.
- Demonstrated experience in business applications of distributed computing (e.g. Cloudera and HADOOP) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms on Platforms like AWS preferred.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as R, Python, HTML5, etc., and background in programming in C, C++, Java preferred.
- Experience with Agile methods for software development.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and interpersonal skills.