Staff Electro/Mechanical Reliability Engineer
33 Technology Irvine, CA 92618
The Staff Electro/Mechanical – Reliability Engineer will have responsibilities including the following:
- Deliver and drive results by delivering best in class reliability performance for new products.
- Apply design for reliability techniques including design margin analysis, tolerance stack-up analysis, and components derating.
- Design and develop automated or semi-automated design characterization tests and reliability tests including test planning, test development and release, test execution and reports.
- Drive techniques including failure analysis and root cause analysis, FMEAs, reliability hazard analysis, accelerated testing techniques, and application of statistical analysis techniques (e.g. Weibull, Chi-squared, DOE, multiple regression analysis).
- Translates relevant data/information into broadly understandable risks and provides means for trade-off discussions.
- Champions the reliability program by incorporating latest reliability engineering technology and methodology into the product development process and coaching/influencing engineering teams in the field of reliability. Serves as advocate for reliability across the organization.
- Deliver and drive results by delivering new product development, either as engineering work stream leader or team member focused on mechanical and/or electrical system, subsystem, and/or component design, testing, documentation and characterization
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required; Advanced degree is preferred. Additional work experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- 8+ years of related experience in new product development or reliability engineering required; highly regulated industry experience preferred (e.g. Medical Devices)
- Thorough understanding of Design Verification and Validation required
- Automated/semi-automated test development experience strongly preferred (e.g. LabView)
- CAD (SolidWorks) design experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication required
- Up to 10% travel may be required