Staff Mechanical Engineer
33 Technology Irvine, CA 92618
We believe in your potential — your ability to learn, grow, and contribute in meaningful ways. We believe in the power of great people working together to innovate and solve problems no one could solve alone. We build enduring partnerships with our customers and take on their challenges and opportunities as our own.
The Staff Mechanical Engineer will have responsibilities including the following for the terminal sterilization platform:
- Deliver and drive results by participating in new product development projects either as a team member or work stream leader focused on mechanical centric design and development
- Connects by demonstrating strong collaboration with cross functional team members to ensure alignment and influencing of design concepts, design inputs, design outputs, and design verification.
- Provides strong technical leadership on assigned projects to deliver design concepts, design characterization, design inputs, design outputs, and design verification using sound engineering principles and expertise.
Here’ s what we’ ll need from you:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering is required; Advanced degree is preferred. Additional work experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- 8 years minimum of work-related experience in new product development in a highly regulated industry required
- 6+ years minimum of CAD design experience required; SolidWorks preferred
- Effective communication to cross functional team required
- Structural and thermal analysis via software tool and manual calculations highly preferred.
- Design experience for plastics highly preferred
- GD&T working knowledge highly preferred
- Medical device product development experience highly preferred
- Fluidic Systems experience highly preferred
- Sterilization and/or disinfection experience a plus