Staff Project Controls Specialist, Planner/Scheduler - Fremont
45500 Fremont Blvd. Fremont, CA 94538
This position will be directly responsible for supporting the execution team by managing project cost and scheduling activities from the design phase to project close out.
- Project Controls execution support: implement/execute the cost and schedule management program for assigned project(s). Support area infrastructure planning efforts at various stages, facilitate development of cost estimates and budgets, and establish reasonable cost and schedule baselines.
- Change Management / Forecasting: Implement change management practices and appropriately capture associated cost and schedule activities.
- Reporting: Develop dashboards to communicate cost and schedule performance to teams in real time. Implement a standardized suite of cost and schedule reports that enable senior management to make data driven decisions.
- Analysis and Tracking: Perform trend analysis and actively evaluate project cost and schedule performance to identify potential risk areas, validate forecasts, and communicate those quickly to key stakeholders.
- Funding Requests: Coordinate Project Controls team’ s contributions to development of project funding requests.
- Risk Assessment: Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks, and lead the cost and schedule contingency management process for assigned projects
- Studies: Lead ad-hoc cost and schedule studies that enable rapid decision-making based on payback, rate of return, etc.
- Other work as needed in support of successful project delivery.
- BS in Engineering, Construction, Construction Management, or other relevant areas (with equivalent experience)
- 10 years of experience in construction project management, including planning/scheduling, cost management, contract management, change management: preferably in industrial, manufacturing and/or high-tech industries
- Ability to lead project controls efforts within an operational area of the business to meet organizational objectives
- Comprehensive understanding of construction means and methods in the civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines
- Comprehensive understanding of cost and schedule management process and procedures for multi-billion dollar facilities
- Comprehensive understanding of Work Breakdown Structure and project coding structures and ability to implement cost management work processes on projects
- Comprehensive understanding of and ability to develop construction schedules
- Comprehensive understanding of construction estimating methodologies
- Comprehensive understanding of risk management
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in cross-functional environment
- Capable of analyzing and root causing cost and schedule variances against the plan
- Advanced MS Excel
- Software systems and packages including Aconex, Oracle Unifer, P6, Bluebeam, CAD, and other construction packages
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Open-minded, collaborative, proactive, and team-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills with a personality for obtaining team buy-in to drive best practice Project Controls work process implementation
- Strong work ethic