13970 Stowe Drive Poway, California 92064 | Contract
Under general supervision with limited review, this position is responsible for determining and developing effective approaches for resolving a wide range of difficult engineering problems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results. Work is reviewed at milestones or at completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Documents findings, communicates results to engineering staff and makes technical presentations as required. May coordinate segments of a specific project and may have frequent inter- organization and customer contact on difficult technical issues. Provides direction to design or technical staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports operation of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues.
- Responsible for performing structural analysis of aircraft components, assemblies, and systems while working as an integrated team for design studies.
- Structural analysis includes calculation of loads, stress analysis, fatigue analysis, and vibration analysis.
- Evaluate structural integrity of aircraft structures by way of classical hand and finite element methods.
- Generate documentation to report analysis and test results to support airworthiness certification.
- A working knowledge of FAA and Mil-Spec airworthiness requirements, along with experience with Matlab, Excel and Visual Basic will be advantageous.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education. Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems. Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks. Able to work extended hours as required. A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/297057