9191 S Jamaica St Englewood, CO 80112
- Produces designs and layouts per project specifications and technical requirements.
- Prepares construction quantity estimates for concrete foundations, earthwork grading, cut/fill volumes, pavement, structural steel, earthmoving, and related civil/land development.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on knowledge of design intent, and selects required information from existing drawings, guidelines, etc.
- Creates assembly drawings, component design, and detail drawings.
- Solves complex design and manages coordination requirements, and effectively coordinates work with other disciplines or groups within the company.
- Completes design and documentation of a work package.
- Work involves planning, organizing and coordinating variety of simple to complex projects.
- Makes independent technical decisions on design/details.
- Uses basic programming skills to enhance CAD production.
- Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements.
- Conversant with international codes and standards.
- Recognizing and communicating design/detailing issues or scope/design changes.
- 4 to 12 years designing/drafting experience or related technical experience with civil/structural design of industrial type facilities.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish project deadlines.
- Comprehensive understanding of drafting concepts, practices, and procedures for design, drafting, layout and detailing of foundations, steel, and concrete structures.
- Understanding of steel fabrication and erection processes, knowledge of construction materials, constructions details and techniques.
- Knowledge of the discipline with understanding of how concepts/theories should evolve or apply.
- Knowledge of design codes, fabrication and construction techniques, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling with AutoCAD and CADWorx, and file import and export to and from AutoCAD and CADWorx.
- Familiarity of additional 3D packages preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Understanding and knowledge of plot plan, equipment layout development, foundation and utilities layout, foundation materials, and site grading.
- Knowledge and experience in Civil 3D, earthwork grading, cut/fill volumes, pavement, earthmoving, and related civil/land development preferred but not required.
- Vocational or Associates Degree (AA / AS) in Structural Design with applicable experience with 3D Modeling tools.
- BSCET or ASCET preferred but not required.