1041 E. Butler Road Greenville, SC 29606
- This position performs a variety of engineering work in the planning and design phase of buildings, structures and equipment foundations.
- Calculations and specifications of peer review quality are produced.
- The engineer is of a capacity to serve as a technical expert or “ guru” in a subject area or discipline, and is recognized for this expertise.
- The engineer will be required to work in supervisory/lead responsibility role over a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist who develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
- In this role, the Structural Engineer will assist other Engineers by performing standard aspects of structural engineering assignments.
- The engineer will become familiar with work processes for the Office and the Department.
- The Structural Engineer will work on a variety of projects pertaining to industrial clients ranging from plant modifications to new facilities.
- All work will be performed under the general supervision of the Lead Engineer.
- The Structural Engineer will work alongside inexperienced and experienced engineers and designers to perform a variety of analysis and other support tasks such as creating computer models for structures, performing calculations of section properties and weight take-offs, preparation of calculations, assisting with estimates, etc.
- The Structural Engineer will become familiar with project scopes, specifications and design criteria when assigned to a project team.
- The Structural Engineer will perform analysis of structures of various degrees of complexity commensurate with their level of experience.
- All designs will take into account Safety, Code requirements and constructability.
- The Structural Engineer will prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers.
- The engineer will learn design and drafting standards as part of their efforts.
- The Structural Engineer will research code issues as they pertain to project related issues.
- The Structural Engineer will research design options and documents findings for Project Lead Engineers.
- The Structural Engineer will work alongside designers to develop conceptual layouts and cost studies as necessary to determine the simplest and most cost effective designs for clients.
- The Structural Engineer will work collaboratively with the CAD designers to provide build-able detailing for the project.
- The Structural Engineer will contribute to the preparation of engineering/analysis reports and other technically related documents.
- The Structural Engineer will liaise with other internal professionals and departments to gather information for projects.
- The Structural Engineer will attend design review meetings and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses.
- The Structural Engineer will coordinate with and provide information to the Department checker to help insure quality designs.
- The Structural Engineer will be expected to travel to job sites, client offices or other offices to perform their duties as required.
- The Structural Engineer will be expected to perform all work to the best of their ability in an efficient manner without unnecessary errors.
- The Structural Engineer will perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 20 years experience in structural analysis and design using STAAD.Pro or RAM structural systems required.
- Must have experience generating detailed calculations for structural steel and reinforced concrete, preferably for heavy industrial projects.
- Experience leading designers and drafting to convert design to construction drawings.
- Understanding of structural design provisions in the codes is important.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in application of ACI, AISC 360 & 341, ASCE, IBC design standards and codes required.
- Ability to efficiently perform current steel analysis and design methodologies is required (e.g. AISC 360-16, 15th. Edition Steel Manual).
- High seismic design experience required (AISC 341).
- Direct activities of other civil engineers, designers, and drafters to meet project schedule and ensure quality control measures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with design team.
- Familiarity with Revit and Navisworks is preferred.
- BS Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis required.
- MS Structural Engineering preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer or SE preferred.