1041 E. Butler Road Greenville, SC 29606
- In this role, the Structural Engineer will assist other Engineers by performing standard aspects of structural engineering assignments, subsequently gaining familiarity with the technical software, programs, staff, and operating procedures of the Company and Department.
- The engineer will become familiar with work processes for the Office and the Department.
- The engineer will also learn the structural engineering software used within this Department.
- The Structural Engineer will work on a variety of projects pertaining to industrial clients ranging from plant modifications to new facilities.
- All work will be performed under the general supervision of the Lead Engineer.
- The Structural Engineer will work alongside more experienced engineers and designers to perform a variety of analysis and other support tasks such as creating computer models for structures, performing calculations of section properties and weight take-offs, preparation of calculations, assisting with estimates, etc.
- The Structural Engineer will become familiar with project scopes, specifications and design criteria when assigned to a project team.
- The Structural Engineer will perform analysis of structures of various degrees of complexity commensurate with their level of experience.
- All designs will take into account Safety, Code requirements and constructability.
- The Structural Engineer will prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers.
- The engineer will learn design and drafting standards as part of their efforts.
- The Structural Engineer will research code issues as they pertain to project related issues.
- The Structural Engineer will research design options and documents findings for Project Lead Engineers.
- The Structural Engineer will work alongside designers to develop conceptual layouts and cost studies as necessary to determine the simplest and most cost effective designs for clients.
- The Structural Engineer will work collaboratively with the CAD designers to provide build-able detailing for the project.
- The Structural Engineer will contribute to the preparation of engineering/analysis reports and other technically related documents.
- The Structural Engineer will liaise with other internal professionals and departments to gather information for projects.
- The Structural Engineer will attend design review meetings and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses.
- The Structural Engineer will coordinate with and provide information to the Department checker to help insure quality designs.
- The Structural Engineer will be expected to travel to job sites, client offices or other offices to perform their duties as required.
- The Structural Engineer will be expected to perform all work to the best of their ability in an efficient manner without unnecessary errors.
- The Structural Engineer will perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 6 years experience in structural analysis and design using STAAD.Pro or RAM structural systems required.
- Must have experience generating detailed calculations for structural steel and reinforced concrete, preferably for industrial projects.
- Experience leading designers and drafting to convert design to construction drawings. Understanding of structural design provisions in the codes is important.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in application of ACI, AISC 360 & 345, ASCE, IBS design standards and codes required.
- High seismic design experience preferred.
- BS Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis required.
- MS Structural Engineering preferred. Registered Professional Engineer or SE preferred.