15302 Pipeline Lane Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare technical drawings, structural engineering calculations, design guidelines and specifications and release projects to manufacturing for fabrication.
- Estimate projects, enter product orders, perform structural calculations and engineering design work.
- Assist manufacturing, sales and customer service.
- Conduct occasional project site visits, new product development, and product testing.
- Assist with estimating of projects from start to finish (from doing take-offs to running structural analysis, getting outside quotes, hardware, freight and installation quotes).
- Engineering of structural racking and structural components.
- Design new products and custom parts.
- Participate in new product development and engineering initiatives.
- Assist with manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting, manuals development, documentation creation, and testing activities for rack systems to ensure compliance with design specifications, codes, and/or customer requirements.
- Prepare bill of materials and specifications for projects, products, materials, and/or equipment.
- Support project design and production efforts to ensure projects are completed on time and within established budget.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for design to market speed, lean product development, value engineering, and innovative designs.
- Visit job sites for measurements, inspections, installer walk-thru’ s, and to assist with sales calls.
- Perform other miscellaneous engineering duties as required and assigned by management.
- BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or closely related field of study from an accredited college/university.
- 3+ years of engineering experience in product design and manufacturing.
- 3+ years of experience in steel structures design and fabrication preferred.
- Experience successfully working and interacting with customers, suppliers, engineers, and other stakeholders at multi-levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong system analysis, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Innovative, self-motivated, and well organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaboration skills in a team environment are required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, provide excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies, quickly.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Familiar with FEA and other structural analysis and design software.
- Efficient in AutoCAD and able to turn full project drawing sets over to cities for approval and permits.
- Includes cover sheets, plan views, elevation views, detail sheets, and bill of materials.
- Knowledge of Excel, Inventor, Revit, RISA, SAP2000, or Visual Analysis is preferred.