Long beach, CA 90810
- Production engineering role responsible for the creation of engineering calculations and drawings in the downstream refinery / petrochemical market.
- Researches, develops, and designs a variety of civil and/or structural components and systems for industrial purposes.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering.
- Works under minimal supervision, and work is reviewed for adequacy upon completion.
- May provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
- Responsible for technical quality of final deliverables.
- Knows how to perform engineering analyses and develop deliverables within discipline
- Understands technical issues and costs related to selection of design features within discipline
- Knows how to manage technical discussion with third parties (customer, suppliers, and regulators) to facilitate appropriate technical decisions
- Reviews all discipline related technical documentation for the project
- Prepares and implements engineering discipline work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget; and performance accordingly
- Identifies need for review assistance from engineering and specialists
- Identifies and implements design issues related to constructability
- Manages and participates in conflict resolution in field and at suppliers
- Manages informal studies and technical briefing with customer, suppliers and other departments and disciplines
- Identifies lessons learned for future reference; and draws from previous lessons learned data base for project deliverables
- Prepares and reviews design guides and standards and coordinates such activities with engineering
- Recognized Bachelor' s degree or Master' s degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering from an accredited college or University required
- 5+ years of experience designing onshore/downstream production facilities required
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Experience in overall project execution, including engineering, procurement, and project management required
- Knowledge of California Codes
- Functional MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Competent knowledge of STAAD Pro and MathCAD required
- Experience with SmartPlant Review, SP3D, CadWorx, AutoCAD, and MicroStation desirable
- P.E. License preferred, or ability to obtain within 1 year