3485 Pacheco Blvd Martinez, CA 94553
- This position performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phase of equipment, systems, or processes.
- Specifications are prepared, and necessary subcontracts and requisitions are defined.
- The incumbent has thorough knowledge of multiple subject areas or disciplines; understands how own area integrates with and impacts other areas; and is building understanding of business trends and industry issues and challenges.
- Under general supervision, the individual competently performs all conventional aspects of design engineering and analysis.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- May provide some technical guidance to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers.
- Minimum 6 years experience in structural analysis and design using STAAD.Pro software.
- Familiarity with CADWorx, PDS Frameworks, LFM, or SmartPlant is a plus.
- Must have experience generating calculations for structural steel and reinforced concrete, preferably for industrial projects.
- Experience leading designers and drafting to convert design to construction drawings.
- Understanding of structural design provisions in the codes is important.
- Registered Professional Engineer required.
- BS Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis required.
- MS Structural Engineering preferred.