Studio Art Director
1251 E Dyer Rd #200 Santa Ana, CA 92705
The Studio Art Director is one of the most integral roles within the organization. This person is responsible for the overall visual aspects on all our work - for - hire projects along with our internal IP. The Studio Art Director is responsible for the development and execution of all artistic work flow pipelines. This person must be able to collaborate effectively from concept to completion with all departments within the organization and within their own department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate the artistic vision of a game to internal and external art teams.
- Perform reviews to ensure the quality bar of the art assets created by our internal and outsourcing art teams.
- Collaborate with publisher to review game art, collect feedback and adjust team priorities as needed.
- Ensure that art priorities are effectively defined and communicated, and that the processes meet the games’ goals in a timely fashion.
- Contribute innovative ideas for all aspects of game prototyping, production and development.
- Oversee all art hiring, training, development & resourcing of all artists.
- Track the workload and tasks of The Company' s art team.
- Participate in managing project-related conflict and counsel marginal performers, according to HR policies.
- Assist with staff plans, staff assessments and performance appraisals.
- Work with Director of Production in evaluating, bidding and staffing of art portion of potential projects.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 7 years’ previous experience as Art Lead, Manager, Director or a similar role that has shipped multiple AAA console and PC titles.
- Experience in hiring all levels and overseeing testing, interviewing, on-boarding and integration of new team members.
- Experience creating a pipeline to work successfully with one or more outsource partners.
- Experience with working with publishers and on co-developed projects.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience; a Master’ s in Fine Arts is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of technical and traditional art processes and production pipelines.
- Ability to work with different artistic styles and the ability to adapt quickly to the new styles.
- Ability to create and communicate a clear artistic studio vision with Senior and Executive level leadership teams along with members of the Art Department.
- Provide inspiration to art staff and facilitate training opportunities to develop all art disciplines.
- Excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to balance deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements of a title' s art direction.
- Passion about games and game development a plus.