76 Getty Street Muskegon, MI 49442
The Subcontracts Specialist is responsible for a variety of procurement activities to ensure the timely delivery of quality materials, systems and services.
The individual selected will be responsible for the management of existing subcontracts, as well as the issuance of new subcontracts to include, but not limited to, highly complex design and development material and services in support of program requirements, from Request for Proposal (RFP) generation through fact-finding, cost/price analysis, negotiation, award and post-award management/administration.
This position will also be responsible for purchasing engineering required materials including finding sources of supply, adhering to quality requirements and negotiating price and delivery.
Other tasks include small business reporting and Federal Funding Accountability & Transparency Act (FFATA) reporting.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Law or Contract Administration.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Willing to consider 18 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree with a minimum of 6 years of procurement experience in a commercial and/or DoD (Department of Defense) environment.
- Knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, and supplemental international business regulations and practices of government agencies.
- Understanding of the Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and related public laws is required.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial law, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Supplement to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) required.
- Experience in the development of RFP packages, review and analysis of proposals, negotiation of subcontract pricing and provisions, supplier selection, post-award subcontract management, payment approval, subcontract closeout and file/record maintenance is required.
- Experience with both Firm Fixed Price (FFP) and Cost-reimbursable type subcontracts is desired.
- Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft (MS) Word and Excel, and must be able to work in a multi-task, fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of and desire to implement lean and process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits initiative and a professional approach in recognizing, analyzing and resolving highly complex problems, often requiring the development of innovative solutions to problems.
- Occasional travel (both CONUS & OCONUS).
- Ability to get security clearance required.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without accommodation, throughout the manufacturing environment.