Supplier Quality Engineer
5800 West Touhy Avenue Niles, IL 60714-4608
• Ensures that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services by creating or modifying inspection instructions, coordinating the disposition of non-conforming material, and obtaining documented effective supplier corrective/preventative actions for non-conforming material.
• Represents Supplier Quality on product development (Blue Ribbon, Advanced Development, etc.) teams, obtains initial new part qualifications, and participates in the selection of material suppliers.
• Participates in qualifying suppliers according to company standards and assures preferred suppliers are used.
• Monitors parts from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle and provides technical guidance on resolving quality problems on supplied production material.
• Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis and quality standards (ISO procedures) are met.
• Evaluates suppliers’ internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback through quality tools such as 8D process, cause and effect diagrams, FMEA, SPC, DOE, and GR&R.
• Acts as a liaison between product development teams and the appropriate commodity management team to ensure the timely purchase of materials.
• Participates in design reviews for product and/or components and assures that suppliers are involved early in the process.
• Coaches less experienced Engineers on SQE and Quality Tool processes, principles, and application.
• Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Quality Engineering
• ASQ Certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and/or Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience using skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with quality tools, for example, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) and Weibull Analysis.
• Engineering experience in industry, preferably with company(s) which design, manufacture, market and sell electrical and/or electromechanical products.
• Strong understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
• In-depth hands-on expertise in metrology, gaging, and precision measurement.
• Understand and be capable of instructing others in Statistical Quality Control.
• Experience in procurement, supplier audit and certification is desirable.
• Experience in life and reliability testing of components is desirable.
• Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
• Experienced with problem-solving skills and conflict resolution techniques
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
• Must have experience working in and excelling in a multifunctional team environment.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Adept at using Windows based computer programs such as Word and Excel. (Access is desirable).
• Able to travel domestically and internationally