System Test Technician
14020 Stowe Dr Poway, CA 92064 | Contract to Direct
- Under moderate supervision, sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model PCA' s and complete units. Writes basic technical reports to describe and illustrate system' s operating characteristics, malfunctions, or deviations from design specifications.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Test, rework and troubleshoot standard products and equipment.
- Conduct environmental testing of products in internal tanks, local lakes or ocean environments.
- Write technical reports and develop charts, graphs and schematics to describe and illustrate systems operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications and functional limitations.
- Configures standard test apparatus for the purposes of performing semi-operational, environmental and life tests on PCA’ s, complete production models.
- Evaluate performance and reliability of moderate prototype or production models by way of water testing, including laboratory tanks.
- Conduct interdepartmental testing of standard products and equipment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An associate (two-year technical) degree, a diploma from a technical or vocational school or equivalent military training.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) plus years of related experience.
- Must have standard knowledge of the principles of electronics and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience testing electronic assemblies using both traditional and non-traditional tooling such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, power supply, function generator, LCD meter, etc.
- Experience using a variety of hand tools and machine shop tools and equipment (grinders, drill press,
- Intermediate MS Office skills including ability to open and create files in Word, create and manipulate data in Excel and use E-mail and calendars in Outlook. Previous ERP/MRP system experience is desirable with the skills to review Bills of Materials (BOM), inventory quantities and locations, and other component information.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills at a business level; follow written and verbal procedures, instructions, read blueprints and schematics, and write business reports about the work accomplished.
- Candidate must possess U.S. citizenship or be a " U.S. Person". (A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident " Green Card holder"