Vernon Hills, IL 60061 US
We have an immediate opening for a Systems Architect, where you will have the opportunity to conceive, design and develop next generation UL systems. You will work with a variety of teams to discover, codify and document the principal clinical and business needs for future UL systems. You will propose system designs and organize and administer the technical programs that manage feasibility, development risks and system construction. It’s a hands-on position working closely with engineering groups throughout the development lifecycle to commercialize future products.
• Collaborate with product owners and other business partners to understand, identify and refine clinical and technical requirements that drive UL system architectures.
• Conceive and perform proofs-of-concept as needed to mitigate development risks and/or determine technical solutions.
• Evaluate legacy and current applications, their architecture, design, etc. to make recommendations on improvements for future systems.
• Create and document UL system designs that support all principal requirements and map them effectively to HW/FW/SW components and/or non-functional quality attributes.
• Work with engineers to create and document detailed component designs and/or implementations.
• B.S. or M.S. in the STEM field, such as computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, physics and/or mathematics, and 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience in system design and development of complex medical instrumentation; UL or other imaging-specific experience a strong plus.
• Must have software development expertise and ability to make appropriate tradeoffs between HW and SW for system design. • 5+ years of experience of leading and collaborating with distributed and/or virtual teams made up of business and technology resources.
• Expertise and/or strong working knowledge of SW/EE engineering disciplines. Basic understanding of UL image formation and basic physics a plus.
• Experience creating and maintaining technical roadmaps.
• Hands on experience creating and executing feasibility studies, proofs of concept, and other risk management activities.
• Strong communication skills with business & technology executives (VP, CTO, COO, CIO, Business Division Leads). Ability to present technical concepts and/or programs in a clear and concise manner.
• Organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize work.
• Demonstrated to be straightforward, approachable, and easy to work with.
• Demonstrated flexibility accepting some variation in role and assignments.
• Hybrid remote based in the Vernon Hills/Chicagoland area.
• Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time