Systems Engineering Dept. Manager
1820 S. Myrtle Ave Monrovia, CA | Direct Placement
Coach Systems Engineering staff toward modern professional performance in the areas of:
- Creative automation solutions.
- Engineering procedures and disciplines in a commercial environment.
- Project management.
- Presentation and communication with customers and other departments.
- Achieve project performance goals on all custom equipment projects, setting and managing customer and company expectations following the ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Manage engineering department resources to achieve performance targets.
- Manage design and documentation changes in a timely manner.
- Transfer standardizable designs to standard product R&D department.
- Manage department budget.
- Update and maintain engineering department equipment, hardware and software tools, and facilities.
- Manage and minimize risk during all phases of a project.
- Working with sales channel and systems engineers, develop conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of semi-automated parts handlers for laser industrial processing equipment based on customer requirements, in a timely manner to meet aggressive pre-sale schedule targets.
- Provide administrative management of systems engineering department, including staffing, performance appraisals, career development, reporting, and participation in company-wide management and process improvement initiatives.
- Partner with vendors and other third party concerns to augment systems development and execution capacity to match our variable demand.
- Competence in engineering disciplines related to custom equipment design in a commercial environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, addressing diverse audiences including internal and external senior management, technical, production and office staff.
- Personnel management skills including planning staff, hiring, performance improvement and coaching.
- Analysis and solution of complex commercial business problems involving customer relations, contractual obligations, and resource management.
- Professional project management.
- Travel domestically and internationally without restrictions.
- Manage personal time and set work schedule as needed to meet commitments.
- Five years of experience in a technical management capacity within a custom engineering department supplying products to external customers.
- Appropriate technical training and business experience.
- Experience working collaboratively with internal and external customers to solve complex business and technical challenges.
- US Citizen due to customer visit and specification requirements.