Systems Engineering Specialist
76 Getty Street Muskegon, MI 49442
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for engine and transmission system performance modeling, vehicle performance modeling, and component performance modeling.
- Responsible to allocate and derive requirements from vehicle, engine, and transmission system level down to the component level using a systems simulation model in Excel, Matlab, Simulink, or other software.
- Technical lead of cross-functional matrixed project team (ME, EE, Software, etc.) for engineering projects through the Systems Requirements Review to ensure engineering requirements are met.
- Mentor and trainer of other engineers for Systems Engineering related simulations and activities.
- Improve and document the Systems Engineering Process with processes, document templates, or modeling standards.
- Author engineering technical reports for submission to the customer.
- Participate or lead new engine and transmission proposals.
- Provide input to product specifications and design verification test plans to ensure that they adequately captures all data to assess requirements compliance.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor' s degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical BS degree with 10 to 14 years engineering experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Systems Engineer (10 years engineering experience overall).
- Experience with simulating systems in Matlab and Simulink.
- Knowledge of transmission, engine, and vehicle performance and understanding of powerpack integration into vehicles.
- Engineering knowledge of mechanics; hydraulics; powertrain parts such as gears housings, and shafts; knowledge of performance parameters such as speed, RPM, torque, power and gear ratios.
- Highly organized and able to multitask on many different projects at once.
- Proven ability to make technical decisions, complete project objectives within budget and schedule, and work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a cross-functional environment while working on multiple projects.
- Ability to utilize all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to write and review technical reports.
- Ability to get security clearance.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- Master’ s degree in Systems Engineering.
- Experience with Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) software or equivalent.
- Expert product knowledge of transmissions, engines, and powerpack integration into tracked vehicles.
- An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E (CREO).
- Experience in developing products for the defense industry.