Systems Integration Engineer (Software)
351 Cliff Rd. E. Burnsville, Minnesota 55337 | Direct Placement
The purpose of the job as a Systems Integration Engineer is to provide or support software, firmware, hardware and system design, development, integration, test and delivery of updates to Full Flight Simulators.
The specific area of focus for this engineer is Systems Integration. This involves the set up and deployment of hardware to facilitate upgrades, as well as integrating the new hardware with legacy systems. It will also involve integration testing and resolving issues on-site as the upgrade is deployed, both hardware and software. There may be some overlap into other areas such as Avionics Simulation and Performance Simulation.
This potentially covers the full life cycle from requirements analysis through to customer acceptance and regulatory approval.
It could include definition and design, software development, aircraft and avionics data analysis and design, the development of in house models and the integration of software and hardware, the re-host, retarget and integration of third party software and models from aircraft manufacturers and equipment vendors, software configuration management, program integration and delivery, baseline management.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Analysis of aircraft and equipment manufacturers data.
- Creation/modification of designs.
- Maintaining plans/schedules and reporting progress.
- Software design/modification typically using appropriate languages.
- Integration of software and hardware systems.
- Integration of re-host or retarget software.
- Integration of third party software.
- Validation and verification of design implementation.
- Testing, fault finding and problem rectification.
- Interfacing with customers and aviation regulators.
- Software configuration management.
- Software integration and Independent Test & Evaluation.
- Customer acceptance support (in-house & on-site).
- Baseline management.
- Computer/server build and configuration.
At Engineer level, it is expected that responsibilities will include:
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Development of novel systems of medium complexity.
- Planning and directing the work of others.
- Providing inputs to bids and technical proposals.
- Performing peer reviews of others work, including code, design & document reviews.
- Being the technical authority for a particular product, system or discipline.
- Assisting in defining new processes.
- Acting as an expert within the group for a product, system or functional area.
- A suitable degree or equivalent (with mathematics, science or engineering content) or a minimum 4 years appropriate experience in industry.
- Will have completed a BS or higher.
- Typically at least 2 years technical experience in the skill, discipline and/or domain associated with the functional area.
- Will have demonstrated problem solving skills, and innovation for areas of medium complexity of novel developments.
- An individual with drive, enthusiasm and can-do attitude coupled with the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated the ability to work under minimal supervision, and able to support other team members.
- Experience in real time software / firmware programming and integration.
- Ideally you will have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, FORTRAN.
- Exposure to Linux, Windows administration.
- Comfortable with the command line.
- Basic knowledge of networking and computer architecture.
- Experience in software development lifecycles, systems engineering, formal testing, fault finding, problem rectification and verification & validation.
- Experience of CVS/SVN.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.